The more I look at our member data and the incredible achievement of participants, the greater my passion grows for EF. You are part of something truly amazing and life changing. - EnhanceFitness Affiliate
- Identify your EnhanceFitness class location(s) and Confirm Class Days and Times
- Facilities should be accessible and have space available for three 1-hour classes, typically on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Recruit Appropriate Instructor(s), at least one per site
- To ensure that EnhanceFitness instructors have the proper educational background, we require them to hold a nationally recognized fitness instructor certification.
- Besides teaching the EnhanceFitness class, an instructor’s responsibilities may also include: setting up and taking down chairs for class, conducting Fitness Checks and collecting required class forms. He or she must also maintain their fitness certification.
- National Council on Aging’s Center for Healthy Aging (the Center) Issue Brief, “Recruiting and Retaining Effective Instructors for Physical Activity Programs,” offers guidelines for assessing the suitability of physical activity instructors, both in initial hiring and ongoing assessment.
- American Council on Exercise’s Fit Facts™, “How To Choose The Right Group Fitness Instructor”
- Train your Instructor(s)
- Instructors are trained by an EnhanceFitness Master Trainer that is connected to your site by Project Enhance. We will find a Trainer that is close to your location.
- Prepare your site for class - equipment
- Market the class
- Project Enhance will provide you with class brochures to customize to your organization
- Recruit and enroll participants
- Recruit participants through local media, health care providers and senior center newsletters